Average Hits?

miketisdell

I'm not sure where you see "average hits" Mike. Is this in one of the analytical tabs after a query ?

Thx

D

I'm not sure where you see "average hits" Mike. Is this in one of the analytical tabs after a query ?

Thx

D

Yes, I am looking at the choices for display on the table bar chart under analytics.

Note: I have looked through the manual but it does not appear to define "average hits."

Edited by miketisdell

I see.

Sorry, should have asked this before, do you have an example query I can run ?

I assume you are getting an average that you think is wrong or puzzling ? Is that so ? If so what do think it should be.

Thx

D

I see.

Sorry, should have asked this before, do you have an example query I can run ?

I assume you are getting an average that you think is wrong or puzzling ? Is that so ? If so what do think it should be.

Thx

D

The question isn't whether it is wrong but what does it represent. When I look at hits/verses, hits/words, etc... I cannot reconcile the number.

I am guessing that the number is probably correct, but it doesn't mean much unless I have an idea of how it is calculated.

Ok I see. It's hits per 1000 words

Thx

D

• Like 1

Ok I see. It's hits per 1000 words

Thx

D

Where did you find that information? And if true, then there really may be a bug with the statistics as I have hit ratios that don't match.

I guessed it might be, because the Table analysis has a hits/1000 column. I then took the GNT and searched for a word in Matthew and calculated the the hits/1000 manually and it matched the per book value when I looked in the table bar chart.

But, and this is why my responses to you began as they did, are you perhaps seeing this issue : https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25760-hits1000-statistic-denominator-incorrect/?hl=%2Bhits+%2Bdenominator

Thx

D

• Like 1

I guessed it might be, because the Table analysis has a hits/1000 column. I then took the GNT and searched for a word in Matthew and calculated the the hits/1000 manually and it matched the per book value when I looked in the table bar chart.

But, and this is why my responses to you began as they did, are you perhaps seeing this issue : https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25760-hits1000-statistic-denominator-incorrect/?hl=%2Bhits+%2Bdenominator

Thx

D

I had remembered the number of words in the book incorrectly and when I went back and checked the result really was correct. I also figured out why I didn't see the hits per 1000 i.e. if you choose the table bar graph, that information is not provided but if you choose the table display (as you did) then it appears in the column header. It would be nice if the calculation were also mentioned in the manual somewhere.

FYI: I was looking for statistics to demonstrate the problem with some claimed "hidden YHWH codes" in the text. I search the UHB (non tagged Hebrew) for the following word patterns. [Note: there is really a * on all 4 letters, but it displays wrong if I add the last one.]

Example: י* ה* ו* ה  <AND> ה* ו* ה* י <AND> י *ה *ו *ה  <AND> ה *ו *ה *י

I was looking for search results like this:

“הארץ ומשם הפיצם יהוה”

(Genesis 11:9 Unpointed Hebrew Bible)

“שרי פרעה ויהללו אתה”

(Genesis 12:15 Unpointed Hebrew Bible)

“ישבי הערים וצמח האדמה”

(Genesis 19:25 Unpointed Hebrew Bible)

Note: this was far more difficult to do in Accordance than it should have been i.e. I needed to import an untagged text to do this search and the only text available is left justified! The same search on Bibleworks was very easy (minus a bug with the statistics when sub queries are used). I just wanted to see if I could get a better graph from Accordance.

Accordance really needs to fix the literal word search so that it allows wildcards!!!

• Like 1