Library Commentary Organization NICNT, PNTC, WBC, etc.

Robb B

How are people organizing their commentaries with all the updates/changes to NICNT, PNTC, etc.?

For example, I have Pillar-NTC 15, Pillar-NTC 14, Pillar: Hebrews, Pillar: Romans (Morris), Pillar: Ephesians. Do any of these overlap, should I keep them all for some reason, or how should I organize these?

The NICNT is even more complicated, as I have: NICNT (19 vols.), NICNT (18 vols., revised), NICNT John, NICNT 1 Corinthians, NICNT Hebrews, NICNT James, NICNT Col Phm Eph, NICNT Galatians, NICNT Romans.

My assumption is that all the individual volumes are older volumes that were replaced by a revision or a completely new volume (like John and James in NICNT). So I think I need to keep all of those. But what about the two sets (19 vols. vs. 18 vols., revised)? Do I need both of these?

I apologize if this information was spelled out in detail somewhere else and I missed it. If so, a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

I delete all modules (recently from the Pillar) and install all new so I have only the recent ones.

This reduces the modules. The other old modules I have in a folder on the bottom.

Greetings

Fabian 

We know these are confusing, but there really is no easy way to make the old volumes available to you unless we provide them as separate individual volumes.

So generally, to ensure you have all non-duplicated material, keep the latest set (i.e. Pillar NTC-15, NICOT-26, NICNT-19, WBC-OT-36, WBC-NT-25) plus all of the individual volumes. Like you said, the individual volumes are, generally, volumes that have been pulled from the sets because they were 1) superseded by a revised version, or 2) pulled at the request of the Publisher. Once you have transferred any highlights from old sets to new sets, you can remove the old set and still have all material available in your Library in the new set.

These articles may help explain the volumes and upgrade history:

Hope this helps.

• Like 2