NRSV parts of Apocrypha appear to be missing

gordonhooker

All,

In paper versions and Logos the Prayer of Azariah and the Song of the Three Jews appears as part of The Additions to Daniel between The Letter of Jeremiah and Susanna. Why is this missing out of the Accordance edition of the NSRVS or does anyone know where it may appear as I don't see it in the table of contents?

blessings

post-33669-0-55088100-1553898160_thumb.png

Have you checked the NRSV parallel texts? What you are seeking is found between Esther and Psalm 151.

Shalom,

Joseph

Have you checked the NRSV parallel texts? What you are seeking is found between Esther and Psalm 151.

Shalom,

Joseph

Thank you no I had not as a matter of fact I had to go looking for the parallel text. I would have thought it was included in the NRSV like all others that include the Apocrypha.

blessings, Gordon

This has been a peculiarity of Accordance for years but has meant there no need for oddball abbreviations like ps2 est2and with this theoretically one can have Greek and hebrew Esther open at once.

-Dan

You can add to the Hebrew the Greek Esther as Parallel. Thats the big advantages. In this way of developing Bibles.

Another question: 

In Bible Gateway there are Footnotes: Why are they missing in the Accordance module? Is this mit Verlaub another one of the Accordance modules which miss parts? In this way I can't applaud Accordance. 

They have talked about integrating the NRSV notes like other versions but no idea when or if this will happen. :(

-dan

• 10 months later...

Certainly, you would know, Joel. And I think that is my problem. I used to see NRSV2, but it is no longer there. But I did find a module NRSV parallel texts and it contains the additions to Esther. Is that the same thing? Did you change the naming?

• Like 1

Modules have a title which is long descriptive text and shows up in the library then an abbreviated module name which shows up in the title bar.

The screenshot below is taken in ios (where i am currently working) but it helpfully shows both names that people refer to it as. 

As an aside, in the noab, you also get the study notes in two modules which work perfectly with this nrsv format of two modules. 

post-31185-0-81423300-1581541521_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Joel made a reference to NSRV 2, which I think I saw in the past. My question is what happed to the NSRV 2 he is talking about? My library tab reads like yours does.

Now that I look at it closely, mine does not read like yours. Is does not have the NSRV 2 underneath. I don't know how to attach a picture.

My screenshot is from ios (which is where i work most of the time). So i have got used to seeing both the long name (nrsv parallel texts) and the abbreviated nrsv2. 

Type in your Library search NRSV and all looks up. If you dont have it. go to Easy Install. Is there also nothing then delete the NRSV and go to Easy Install to install it once again. Then it should be in the library.

BTW "NRSV2" and "NRSV parallel texts" are the same Module. The second item in my image.

post-32723-0-27508900-1581584373_thumb.png

Or you can type a Bible book you interested in the Library. In the  Library appears then all modules with this book. Then you should see the NRSV too. 

Thats all basic search technics every Accordance user should know, since this is implemented (v. 12) . Otherwise go to the new Tutorials (v.13) and follow the steps for the Library. If you don't have 13, then now is a good time, as it is for sale now with 25% off.

Edited by Fabian