Illogical Results for "OR" search in Research Tab

TYA

Great day all,

Please explain why adding a third "OR" search term (viz., "talmidim") in the following search in the Research Tab wiped out almost all of my results from only using two "OR" search terms.

This seems totally illogical (and frustrating).  I get numerous results when searching with only two "OR" terms, but when I broaden the search to include three "OR" terms, I'm suddenly robbed of almost all the previous results I had with two "OR" search terms.  Why is this?

Note: this was in efforts to help another user in his post here.

post-35231-0-21828600-1554081789_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-48620000-1554081794_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Ok I might be able to explain it but this is just inferred from test results. And I agree it doesn't make sense but if I'm right it harks back to an old concern, that of searching for an <OR> of terms where one/some of them does/do not exist in a module.

I believe what is happening that modules which do not have the words in their indexes are being discarded even if they have other words in the list. So adding more terms to the list restricts the query results rather than opens them up. Talmidim happens to be a relatively rarely occurring word.

In fact you see a similar diminution of hits going from "twelve <WITHIN 3 Words> (apostles)" to "twelve <WITHIN 3 Words> (emissaries <OR> apostles)".

Thx

D

And I agree it doesn't make sense but if I'm right it harks back to an old concern, that of searching for an <OR> of terms where one/some of them does/do not exist in a module.

My fear confirmed.

Thanks D., again, you are always such a blessing.  And as the best (Accordance) keeps getting better, I trust this "old concern" will become really old (i.e. ancient history).

Shalom

Edited by TYA