Mounce Exhaustive Dictionary Integration

Ron Bailey

I have recently installed the Mounce Exhaustive Dictionary (MED) module.

It is based on Mounce's own G numbers although Strongs numbers are included. However I cannot seem to integrate the MED into my Accordance Workspace.

I enclose a screen capture.

I want to be able to click the word 'powerless' in the Mounce NT and see the response in the MED in the right hand Zone. Is this possible?

I also want to be able to click the corresponding word in the NKJV and see the response in the Liddell & Scott in the right hand zone.

Is this possible or am I being over ambitious?

Thank you for any help.

Yours

Ron Bailey

post-382-0-49750900-1554209166_thumb.png

Edited by Ron Bailey

In Preferences: Amplify you can set the preferred Greek lexicon, and the lexicon for the key number texts, but I am not sure if you can choose Liddell & Scott for the latter.

Wow, Service!! Thank you Helen.

I seem to be able to set up the instant display in this way but what i wanted to do was to link my Mounce Greek NT pain with the Mounce Exhaustive Dictionary.

Is that a different set up?

YOurs

Ron Bailey

The Triple-click should go to the same tool as the Instant Details, but there is no setting that allows each text to have its own specific lexicon.

So am I right in thinking there is no real integration between Mounce's Exhaustive Dictionary and tagged texts and that the MED is essentially a stand-alone resource?

post-382-0-27757200-1554285095_thumb.png

post-382-0-20646500-1554285165_thumb.png

The problem (if I'm understanding you correctly) is that MED is an English tool, and not a Greek or Hebrew tool. If it was solely Greek or Hebrew, then you could choose it as a default lexicon, but as an English dictionary, this option isn't available.

Since you're on a Mac, you may want to try adding MED to your Toolbar. Then, whenever you select a Greek or Hebrew word, simply click on MED in your toolbar and it will display the correct entry.

• Like 2

Mark is correct. You cannot amplify directly from a Greek, Hebrew, or Key Number text to MED since it is an English Tool (organized primarily by English word order).

The Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries included at the end of the resource are essentially the same as the Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew Dictionaries already available in Accordance. In addition, Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew have links to MED entries. They are designed to work together, and I highly recommend owning MED for this reason.

My recommended workflow is to start from your text of choice, amplify to Mounce Greek or KM Hebrew, and then look for the links to MED as available to further research the use of that word(s) across the Bible.

Here's an example from Phil 1.1 ("servant"):

post-5629-0-60355100-1554401594_thumb.png

The problem (if I'm understanding you correctly) is that MED is an English tool, and not a Greek or Hebrew tool. If it was solely Greek or Hebrew, then you could choose it as a default lexicon, but as an English dictionary, this option isn't available.

Since you're on a Mac, you may want to try adding MED to your Toolbar. Then, whenever you select a Greek or Hebrew word, simply click on MED in your toolbar and it will display the correct entry.

That's a good suggestion, too!

• Like 1