Library Pastor Resources

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

The latest podcast is Dr. J''s advice on how to build a good pastoral library, whether you are self-taught or seminary-trained (and, yes, the two libraries have some important differences). Preparing sermons doesn't have to be a chore, provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordan...astoral-Library

• R. Mansfield, jarcher, Randy Cue and 1 other like this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#2 revtim

revtim

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, technology, & working on my D.Min.
  • Accordance Version:13.x

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the good podcast Dr. J.

• Timothy Jenney likes this
In Christ,

Tim Hall

MacOS
MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) [space grey...coolest computer color in my mind]
1.2 GHz Intel Core m3
8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB
Running Catalina 10.15x

iOS
iPhone X on Verizon
64 GB
Running iOS 13x

iPad (9.7" early 2018)
Wi-fi only
32 GB
Running iOS 13x

#3 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary Humanities that have something to do with sustainability or correct comprehension of Peoples, including: 2nd Millennia BC, History of Ideas, History of 1902-1945 and reenactment of that era clothing, using LSJ for the Ancient Gk corpus (skipped BrillDAG since I couldn't afford it and it is still not under Accordance), might many Years from now visit a certain new cult on the Taiga in Siberia, Ethics for divorced men; singing; guiding; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On the laptop 11.2.5 loads my books, uses slightly less battery than 12. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings for text preferences suffice, library sorting, Research. I have a few extra Accordance 12.3.6 (and for Accordance version 2.0 for Android which is really GREAT and now with improved UI, and it is also for Accordance iPad 3.x) licenses to gift - still have Nov. 14.-23. 2019 and likely for a while, multiple copies left beyond november!
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

That is a GREAT podcast Timothy, thanks for making it. I agree on it. Might want to post it on the first page viewed by people just finding the Accordance site! (Watched it last Week during a night):

provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordan...astoral-Library

#4 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:18 AM

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.13.

#5 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,533 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Or, anyone can get a 15% discount at any time simply by participating in a webinar :-)

• Paul Meiklejohn likes this

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

Thanks as always.

I appreciate you have to be selective but for me, The Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament should also be in everyones library along with comfort.

I was totally unaware of these two volumes and i cannot stress enough that its thanks to this forum (and sales where resources are given focus) over the years that has highlighted what is actually available to help me develop a library.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#7 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hi, Fraser!

I thought about it, but there are so many other good niche resources, it's hard to pick and choose. The Parallel OT in NT does provide a lot of insight and is included with out collections.

• ukfraser likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Library, Pastor, Resources

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users