Library Pastor Resources

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

The latest podcast is Dr. J''s advice on how to build a good pastoral library, whether you are self-taught or seminary-trained (and, yes, the two libraries have some important differences). Preparing sermons doesn't have to be a chore, provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordan...astoral-Library

• R. Mansfield, jarcher, Randy Cue and 1 other like this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#2 revtim

revtim

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the good podcast Dr. J.

• Timothy Jenney likes this

In Christ,

Tim Hall

MacOS

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) [space grey...coolest computer color in my mind]

1.2 GHz Intel Core m3

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

Running Mojave 10.14

iOS

iPhone X on Verizon

64 GB

Running 12.0

iPad (9.7" early 2018)

Wi-fi only

32 GB

Running 12.0

#3 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary humanities such as History of Ideas, Ethics for divorced men; singing; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On the laptop 11.2.5 loads my books, uses slightly less battery than 12. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings for text preferences suffice, library sorting, Research. I have a few extra Accordance 12.3.6 (and for Accordance Android 1.5 which is really GREAT, and it is also for Accordance iPad 3.x) licenses to gift
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:36 AM

That is a GREAT podcast Timothy, thanks for making it. I agree on it. Might want to post it on the first page viewed by people just finding the Accordance site! (Watched it last Week during a night):

provided you have the right resources to mine for good information.

https://www.accordan...astoral-Library

#4 Paul Meiklejohn

Paul Meiklejohn

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Photography, running and coffee (lots of coffee...)

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:18 AM

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Paul M.

Pastor.

All things Apple, iMac, Air, iPad, iPhone.

Long term Accordance user. (10 years).  v.11.

#5 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,372 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Great Video Dr J. It might have been worth mentioning that Accordance offer a regular 10% discount to those in full-time ministry, (with the exception of sale items). 

Or, anyone can get a 15% discount at any time simply by participating in a webinar :-)

• Paul Meiklejohn likes this

#6 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:38 AM

Thanks as always.

I appreciate you have to be selective but for me, The Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament should also be in everyones library along with comfort.

I was totally unaware of these two volumes and i cannot stress enough that its thanks to this forum (and sales where resources are given focus) over the years that has highlighted what is actually available to help me develop a library.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#7 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hi, Fraser!

I thought about it, but there are so many other good niche resources, it's hard to pick and choose. The Parallel OT in NT does provide a lot of insight and is included with out collections.

• ukfraser likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Library, Pastor, Resources

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users