How to I export a Search to CSV Format?

Samuel Clough

I'm trying to export the results of a search to a Numbers spreadsheet for processing. I want to do the following:

1. Run a search.

2. Export the search to CSV (or something equivalent)

3. Open in Numbers so reference is in one column and text is in another column.

This is something I do quite frequently in another bible software program and I'm trying to figure out how to do it in Accordance. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but how do I do that? So the only thing I can figure out how to do is select the search results using Cmd+A then saving the text selection as a txt but that doesn't give me output I can pull into a spreadsheet.

CSV - nope - https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25613-corpus-linguistics-additions/?hl=%2Bcsv+%2Bexport

You can Save As ... from Analysis tabs and such and those files have tab separators which you can convert with a decent editor or script.

From Search tabs, I don't know of a way. If I have to do stuff like that I usually end up in Python scripting something.

Thx

D

CSV - nope - https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/25613-corpus-linguistics-additions/?hl=%2Bcsv+%2Bexport

You can Save As ... from Analysis tabs and such and those files have tab separators which you can convert with a decent editor or script.

From Search tabs, I don't know of a way. If I have to do stuff like that I usually end up in Python scripting something.

Thx

D

If you process it with python how to you get the results out of accordance? Do you do Cmd+A, save to txt and then try to parse references? Another format like tab delimited would be fine there should just be a simple way to export search results for processing in other tools. 

Yes, you either cmd-A and Save to a file, or cut and paste to a file. And then parse the references. I've done that sort of thing to extract references from Tool module data, such as a grammar's list of example references for a construction. The principle here would be the same.

I agree on the export thing, which is why I logged the other topic. I wasn't looking to extract text search results, but that's a reasonable use case too.

Thx

D