Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:21 AM

Hello all,

I'm not sure where to put this question, so I'm hoping "general topics" won't be too far afield... Perhaps someone from Accordance staff, or some user with the memory of an elephant will be able to help me here.  

I've been looking at a couple of Study Bibles, specifically the Reformation SB 2015 and the ESV SB. Do these ever go on sale? Could someone indicate if there are plans for an upcoming sale on one or the other of them?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give!

Best regards.

Edited by Donald Cobb, 09 April 2019 - 02:21 AM.

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:34 AM

If you search the announcements thread for reformation you will see the reformation sb was on sale in october 2017.
https://www.accordan...?hl=reformation

The esv sb was on sale in june 2013 coz thats when i got mine but couldnt find any references to it in the thread.

So yes, they do, you just have to be patient.

Alternatively, accordance do % off anything sales periodically so treat your self then.
https://www.accordan...off-everything/

Ps, dont forget youve probably got the esv so only need the add on notes.

Your friendly elephant!
;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 09 April 2019 - 02:47 AM.

• Daniel Francis and Donald Cobb like this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#3 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Location:EU. Inter/multidisciplinary humanities such as History of Ideas, Ethics for divorced men; singing; both Reformed and Catholic simultaneously
  • Interests:On laptops been sticking to 11.2.5 - uses slightly less battery than 12 and can load all my purchases. 11 had a great Info Pane, partial download of Collections had already become possible, settings-menus for text preferences, library sorting, Research. I have extra Accordance 12.3.4 licenses to gift
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:43 AM

I avoid % off everything sales, regardless of percentage or how to qualify, like the plague! I would not recommend anyone at all to go for those sales. Accordance's prices are always affordable and accurately set regardless of what they are selling and the software is always too cheap (hope they'll substantially mark up soon). I buy a lot regular price. Best way to afford things is to not to buy when You can't afford, and when You can afford buy for Yourself AND for all You friends. I'm gifting items from the Accordance Storefront to a dozen people last Month and this Month, I'm grateful that they've been so loyal friends, it's the least I can do - several of them come from countries (Poland) that are much better functioning countries than mine but with lower earnings in normal jobs. I very rarely earn a lot of Money in a short amount of time (so normally only over long periods of time), but when I do I set aside some in a sustainable ethical hedge fund, for needs way ahead in the future - meanwhile I'm able to show when needed how much savings I've got.
Also I haven't got the ESV installed anywhere at all except on my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet with PlayBook OS 2.0 (similar to Android version 1 but with better - since then unparalleled OS interface) and oppose the version vehemently. Additionally I don't even buy study Bibles - I did get the latest NOAB five copies. Oxford Bible Commentary beats any Study Bible any day (and I'm a bit more conservative than the scholarship in it, still I've used it for ages):

Alternatively, accordance do % off anything sales periodically so treat your self then.
https://www.accordan...off-everything/

So in summary: If You have to pay 100% - regular price, it shouldn't pose a problem.

Most things that are really necessary to have under Accordance or distinctive, come on a sale pretty regularly - at least it seems so in my perspective. I've let many many sales pass. Rather than picking up everything or going for the All-in-All Collection, I've paid for all the development I REALLY want to support monetarily, only exception that comes to mind that I still haven't paid for since I'm not at that level yet, is the Holmstedt GNT Syntax Add-On - but in due time I will, I've promised him. I have got both of the Hebrew Syntax datasets, just lacking the latest BHS Edition to work with it since it hasn't come on a sale for quite a while and I've been unable to aquire it second hand. (Also I haven't got any modern GNT since I'm not that good at Gk as to yet qualify to compete with anyone else's exegesis or linguistics. You see - I'm really hardcore: I really buy just the items and all of them that I want to support, whether I get them up and running at once on my rig or not.)

Not relevant to the OP, but certainly relevant to the rabbit trail I (now tried to) start(ed): https://www.accordan...indpost&p=89813 ... if You don't wish to bump it or simply just agree and would like it to become so one day even just liking a comment I've made is enough instead of posting - (which You may also do, the thread is not too old yet although it does have an official staff reply, I acknowledge that).

• Donald Cobb likes this

#4 Donald Cobb

Donald Cobb

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:58 AM

Thanks Fraser,

That gives me an idea of what to expect. It looks like the ESV SB doesn't come up for sale very frequently (2013, hmm...) and I noticed that the Reformation SB 2015 wasn't in the offerings the last time a "Reformation" sale was announced. 

Perhaps an official representative would be so kind as to tell me if patience in this case is a virtue or a vain hope...

Thanks Unix, for your comments. Of course I understand your rationale. That being said, if I can pay for something at -25% or -30%, I confess that my fleshly instincts still tell me that I can use the money saved for something like a good meal at a restaurant (for example). I'm working on being more altruistic, but I'm not quite there yet. :-)

#5 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,163 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

Thanks in advance for any information you can give!

I can’t give any information--sorry! However, tomorrow may be a good day for you ;-)

• Donald Cobb likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users