What Are Best Practices, Potential Pitfalls With Backup In Accordance?

JohnABarnett

My wife got Accordance last year and runs it on a MacBook Pro. I've had Accordance for three or four years now and run it primarily on a desktop PC

This morning my wife came to me baffled as to why here previous sessions had simply disappeared from the dropdown menu she was used to accessing. She hadn't messed with anything. This raised the question of backing up to DropBox or iCloud so that in the future she does not lose anything.

Also, I want for myself to do a better job of protecting my Accordance files.

What is the current state of backup to web in Accordance?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using DropBox compared to iCloud? (Threads on this subject seem to be quite old.)

What are the best practices and potential pitfalls?

I figure I might as well learn from you all because I don't want to push blindly down this path only to find out I should have done something differently. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by JohnABarnett

Are you talking about the list of saved searches? If you are, the search history is deleted every time you close a bible tab. 

I'm talking about Open Auto-Saved Session under the File menu.

I should say I myself am not a MacOS user and so I'm operating a little in the dark here with regard to my wife's missing files. I never saw them until she showed me this morning that the dropdown did not contain previous listings to which she was accustomed.

A friend, user of Accordance on MacbookPro, and forum patron has kindly offered to assist me long distance. We are leaving on a trip to see our daughter and her family, and this matter will have to wait until we return.

When my wife comes into the room with her Macbook Pro, I confess I cringe, though willing to help her in any way I can. Gimme a PC any day. (Donning asbestos suit now).

• Like 1

Hi John,

Seeing that you are asking about a Mac, and both you and I are PC users, this might not help you any.  However, I noticed that Autosave sessions are saved under this file directory (see attached).  Note: to find this file directory, I had to set the folder options to "Show hidden files."

post-35231-0-27062100-1555519465_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks TYA,

I'll check that out on my wife's Mac when we get back.

Edited by JohnABarnett

Not sure where the autosave sessions are on the Mac but there is an option on the autosave dropdown to clear all sessions. Maybe that got selected at some point.