RevM

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

Hi,

I've discovered the ability to produce a .ris file of my Accordance library. I've also successfully imported this into Zotero. A great feature. However, it would be even cooler if there were a Zotero plugin that could directly interrogate the Accordance database on my PC and keep the lists in sync. This would be very useful indeed.

Any thought?

Mark

• Fabian likes this

#2 revtim

revtim

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:44 AM

This would be beneficial as long as it worked on Mac as well ... +100

• Rich and Fabian like this

In Christ,

Tim Hall

MacOS

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) [space grey...coolest computer color in my mind]

1.2 GHz Intel Core m3

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3

Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

Running Mojave 10.14

iOS

iPhone X on Verizon

64 GB

Running 12.0

iPad (9.7" early 2018)

Wi-fi only

32 GB

Running 12.0

#3 jlm

jlm

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

I've had minor problems importing Accordance RIS into Zotero. When a title has only ST (short title) and T3 (title 3) fields (e.g., Encyclopedia of Ancient Christianity), Zotero uses ST as the title and T3 as the series title, but in reality T3 is the full title and ST an abbreviation (EAC). I'm not sure whether that should be considered a problem with Accordance or with Zotero, but looking through an RIS export of my library, I see that many items have only ST and T3.

As regards syncing, I'm not aware of other plugins for syncing with Zotero, so I'm not sure whether or not it's possible. What I know about Zotero plugins is that they're written in JavaScript, so the plugin would have to connect to a known URL (like a port on localhost) to query data. It wouldn't directly run AppleScript or Visual Basic code. So either Accordance would have to add some kind of generic interface, or you would need to run a third OS-specific program that would make the connection between the two. It sounds fairly complicated to achieve.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, bibliography, sync, list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users