• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:The Master's Seminary
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:10 PM

Hello,

I'm contemplating moving my Accordance content folder to a super fast external SSD, since Apple hasn't released a newer MacBook Pro with a materially faster SSD since 2016 so far.

Do I just move the folder out of Applications and then possibly recreate Dock icons? Is that it? I thought Accordance might bury the modules in the user folders these days... Do I need to do surgery to a plist somewhere to convince it to use the disk?

Otherwise I suppose I could do some magic with mount points, but I'd rather not.

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

Dan,

I believe the only Accordance item stored in the Applications folder is the Accordance program (search engine) itself and its associated resources. My package is only 175 MB. Your personal Accordance files are typically stored in the Documents folder, while your Accordance resources (modules) are stored in the Library. The latter consume the majority  of space.

What's your goal? More speed or more space? I ask because I successfully installed a very fast Samsung 2 TB SSD in my 2011 MBP. I was very happy with it—until the machine finally gave up the ghost.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,689 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

Yes, if you want to move the Modules from the User/Library/Application Support you need to create a SymLink, I believe.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 dandennison

dandennison

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:The Master's Seminary

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

What's your goal? More speed or more space? I ask because I successfully installed a very fast Samsung 2 TB SSD in my 2011 MBP. I was very happy with it—until the machine finally gave up the ghost.

Goal is more speed. Want to move full text research down from about 60-90 seconds per query into the 1-5 second range.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ssd, research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users