#1 kearlan

kearlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

Greetings. I'm brand new to Accordance (and Logos too) and loving it so far! But one of the reasons I was excited about Accordance was the "copy as citation" feature that allows copying a citation into a document, simultaneously making a footnote. Of note, I'm using MacOS 10.13.6 and Word for Mac 16.23.

Here's what I've done:

1. Enabled my citation options in "preferences"
  2. Checked "insert citation as footnote" under the bibliography tab in preferences
  3. Copied the text I want to insert using "copy as citation" (CTRL-Command-C on Mac)
  4. Pasted the text into word (tried pasting regularly and formatted). I get the citation copied into the main body as it should, but no footnote. :unsure:

I've tried everything I could think of, but it's not working. I am not getting a footnote in Word (or in Scrivener). This does work in Logos but it's pretty clunky there and takes a bunch of extra steps. Copy as bibliography also isn't creating the footnote. Looking at that seems like an older reference here, this seems like it should be doable (copied a screenshot below of the old Accordance page): 

Attached File  Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 7.16.23 PM.png   156.45KB   1 downloads

Is this a bug? Anything I'm missing? Thanks and God Bless!

"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:22)

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 12,021 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

This is working for me from a Tool but not from a Text module. I think it's deliberate, that verse references are intended to follow the text rather than be placed in a footnote.

You do, of course have several Formats available in the Bibliography preferences, top pop-up menu.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

What module are you copying a citation from?

#4 kearlan

kearlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

What module are you copying a citation from?

Thanks for the help! This may be an issue right there - I'm not sure what "module" means here. I'm using this screen:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 9.19.03 PM.png   233.84KB   0 downloads

"And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:22)

#5 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

Ah, right. "Copy as Citation" from a bible text is not going provide footnotes. That only works from anything that's not a Bible (commentary, dictionary, journal, etc.).

#6 kearlan

kearlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Ah, right. "Copy as Citation" from a bible text is not going provide footnotes. That only works from anything that's not a Bible (commentary, dictionary, journal, etc.).

Thank you so much! And that makes a ton of sense. I was just testing out the tool on basically the first thing I had open which was a Bible. But just tried a commentary and it works beautifully! Thanks again everyone!!

• Silas Marrs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: citation, footnote, bibliography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users