BDAG Modification to incorporate 1957 Entries at times; e.g., Ἰουδαῖος

Enoch

I recommend adding to BDAG the 1957 Headwords when the latest BDAG has drastically changed from 1957, before Frederick William Danker got ahold of BDAG. I discovered to my amazement in a debate vs an anti-semite on Gab how drastically different the Headword article on Ἰουδαῖος has been changed in the Accordance BDAG from the 1957 edition (which I call Bauer and others Ardnt & Gingich). The Accordance BDAG emphasizes Judaean as a translation instead of Jew as in 1957. IMHO it is absurd to translate "Judaean" in most NT cases as if there were some citizenship in Judaea, a Roman province. So I request that when the 1957 Bauer-Ardnt-Gingrich has been drastically changed by BDAG, the 1957 Headword be included in module, with some kind of note to alert the reader that two definition articles are included on that Headword.  I am not calling Danker an anti-semite, but it seems that there is at least one strain of anti-semitism which seems to think it gets mileage out of denying the real existence of Jews and insisting that the NT word means "Judaeans." I don't know what (if any) ax to grind Danker had. He was connected with a denomination which I think (for some of that denomination) has the POV that modern Jews are nothing Biblical and transfer statements about Israel to the Church (replacement theology).  

I suppose a better alternative would be to create a 1957 module Bauer-Ardnt-Gingrich, if that is feasible. But I am thinking that probably there are only a few Headword entrees needing inclusion (for their drastic difference in the new BDAG). I have long wished that the old asterisk system (**) of indicating when a B-A-G article claims it has all the NT references & * when it claims to list all the target literature instances (even with the caveat that sometimes the **/* is wrong. ) So a new 1957 module, hopefully, would include the asterisks (I mean if Roger Maris could stand an asterisk, why not Accordance?)

Edited by Enoch