lost bookmarks in 3.0.0 (2.9.9.11007)

Michael J. Bolesta

I have two iOS devices. In the new Accordance app, the latest build, I cannot manage my bookmarks properly. I read 5 chapters of Scripture every morning (currently one using SAAS, the remaining four in TLV). In the release version (build 11007) and the prior beta (11003), deleting old bookmarks also delete the new ones. It happens whether I delete on my relatively old iPad or new iPhone.

This morning I read my five chapters and bookmarked tomorrow's chapters:

post-125-0-76217000-1557063050_thumb.png

Next I selected the five old bookmarks:

post-125-0-53981600-1557063099_thumb.png

Then I selected delete, and six unselected bookmarks were deleted in addition to the five selected:

post-125-0-20726000-1557063210_thumb.png

This happens with both devices (and is evident when I check the bookmarks on the other). Unselected bookmarks are also lost if I swipe left on one and select delete.

I have posted this in the beta forum (concerning build 11003) and only received one response. It is disconcerting to find it in the release version. Is anyone else seeing such phenomena?

Accordance for iOS 3.0.0 (2.9.9.11007) [iOS 10.3.3 iPad 4th generation], [iOS 12.2 iPhone XS]

Michael,

I see and confirm this. Unfortunate, it's true, that this is still happening for you. I'm hoping to have the fix in the next release within a day or so.

• Like 1

Graham, Thank you very much! The LORD bless you and keep you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have just experienced this same bug – deleting one bookmark deletes other bookmarks as well.

Is a fix on the way?

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

We've got the fix, along with many others, in TestFlight beta right now. Shouldn't be long before the release version is available.

• Like 1

I am using the beta, and it does seem to have fixed the issue.

Graham: I have the same issue of losing older bookmarks when I delete newer ones.

I have an additional issue some other users might be dealing with. 

First, when I use bookmarks from the Library view, I am able to go to the various bookmarked portions of a biblical text, book or commentary.

Second, when I try to access the bookmarks in the Text Chooser view, I am able to go directly to biblical passages, but when I try to jump around in a book or commentary, the bookmark feature does not work. When I choose a specific location in a book, I am not sent to that location. So there must be a bug somewhere. 

I am glad the lost bookmarks feature is being addressed. 

lslapides,

Can you clarify what issue or issues you are experiencing?  Are you accessing your bookmarks from the library, or from the grid or verse chooser?  When you select a bookmark, what location does it report, and what location do you receive?  Do you have a search up at the time, or are you displaying all text?

I am accessing the bookmarks from both the library and verse chooser. When I try to locate the bookmark in the library view, the function works seamlessly. But when I use the verse chooser, I can see the bookmarks listed but when I choose the bookmark, I am not directed anywhere. There is no location to report. This problem happens when trying to access a bookmark in a tool such as a commentary. Pertaining to your question, there was no search up at the time. Thanks for your concern. 

Ah, perfect!  The bug was when working with a commentary.  Thanks, this should all be fixed for the upcoming 3.0.1.

• 1 month later...

The phenomenon described in the original post is still present in the latest release version: 3.0.2 (build 3.0.1.11210), iOS 10.3.3 iPad 4th generation.