More lexicon problems in 1.4b3

miketisdell

After finding the issues with HALOT, I switch the lexicon to BDB and attempted to lookup כר in Is. 16:1, but what was returned was the sub entry בית כר. Searching directly in BDB returned the same result. There is no scroll bar so rapidly scrolling to the correct entry is not possible, and there appears to be no way to advance to the next hit.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike. I am able to reproduce the BDB search, but this is the same behavior as on the desktop. As for advancing to the next hit, if you press the blue floating button in the bottom right (or bottom left depending on the module open) it will display the navigation arrows to advance to the next/previous hit. Using these navigation arrows, the navigation seems to behave exactly as the desktop as far as I can tell.

Edited by Matt Robertson

Thanks Mike. I am able to reproduce the BDB search, but this is the same behavior as on the desktop. As for advancing to the next hit, if you press the blue floating button in the bottom right (or bottom left depending on the module open) it will display the navigation arrows to advance to the next/previous hit. Using these navigation arrows, the navigation seems to behave exactly as the desktop as far as I can tell.

I didn't know about the navigation arrows. Note: the blue floating button appears under the bottom of the screen on my Chromebook half of the time with just the top edge appearing. Unless you know it is there you are likely to miss it.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that was an issue on the Chromebook. I'll add a fix for it.

• Like 1

Mike, I have an emulator of the Chromebook running, and the floating navigation button shows up fine on there, so I'm not able to get a visual for the issue you are describing. Could you post a screenshot for me when you get a chance?

Mike, I have an emulator of the Chromebook running, and the floating navigation button shows up fine on there, so I'm not able to get a visual for the issue you are describing. Could you post a screenshot for me when you get a chance?

Here is a screen shot

post-35053-0-76436200-1557407020_thumb.png

Note, the issue is only a problem when you are full screeen. 

post-35053-0-72166900-1557407310_thumb.png

I just downloaded the version and I noticed something that might help. I don't know if it this behavior is new (with the new version) or something I had not noticed in the older version.

When I first start the program full screen the floating button is in the correct place, but if I tap the screen and go to "reader mode" and then tap the screen again and go back to the normal window mode, the floating button moves downward i.e. like in the screen shot I posted. It stays just off the screen until I close and reopen the program and then it is fine until I go into reader mode again.