Accordance 3.0 crash after sync

jlm

Executive summary: after a Wi-Fi sync, my iOS library was apparently left in an inconsistent state, because about 10 minutes later the app crashed, and when I reopened it I got a dialog telling me that my library had been restored from backup and I would have to reinstall modules. I did so by syncing over Wi-Fi, and I'm back in business, but I wanted to let the developers know about the crash.

Long version:

Yesterday evening I wanted to sync folders from the desktop via Wi-Fi, as Dr. J's video mentioned. Since I didn't have any details about how this worked, I guessed the folders were another data item that would sync if I synced something else. So I put both devices in sync mode and connected them. Making this connection was rather difficult, probably because Bonjour works very poorly on my home network. First they couldn't connect, then about 3 times as soon as they connected either the macOS program or the iOS app would crash, but finally I got the two connected. I decided to just sync one User Bible I had made as an experiment, expecting the folders to sync along with it. (Later I learned that to get a folder to sync you have to sync at least one item it contains.)

The sync copied the User Bible, and then four "glosses", the last of which was for NA28.

After the sync, I looked around a bit in the app, and saw that the folders hadn't come across. I read more of the forum and learned how folder syncing really works, but decided I didn't want to start with a fresh install. Since I have fewer modules on iOS, I would just organize them into folders again. But Providence had other plans.

After some organizing into folders, I tapped the NA28 with sigla to open it. I didn't recall having it on my device before, and hadn't copied it in the sync, although the "gloss" (whatever that is) was apparently copied. The interface didn't react promptly , so I tapped a couple of other Greek Bibles that were in the same folder. After about 30 seconds, I got a Greek Bible on the screen, but I didn't see any sigla. Then I scrolled up, and the app promptly crashed. When I reopened it, I got a dialog telling me that my library had been restored from backup and I would have to reinstall modules.

This morning I connected the MacBook and iPad to a hotspot so they would be on a small network. Bonjour worked perfectly on it, and I synced all the modules I wanted on my iPad. They showed up in folders as expected, and I'm back in business.