Syncing without Dropbox

Larry Wing

I have a free Dropbox account and with their new connected devices limits I can't sync via Dropbox to Accordance installed on new iPad.

My main computer uses Dropbox to sync and I have Dropbox syncing set up on other devices (3 computers and iPhone) and I don't want to disconnect them from Dropbox. (Sure hope Dropbox changes their limits or offers a more reasonable pricing plan).

Is there a way I can sync notes, etc with my new iPad without using Dropbox?  

DB's limit on devices applies to their own apps only. Third-party apps like Accordance are not restricted. You should just be able to go through the setup process of sync in Accordance and it should work. This was covered in the Android forums recently. You won't of course be able to setup DB's own app on this new iPad but Acc sync should work. I have sync working on a Mac, a Windows laptop and two Android devices, for example.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thank you. I hadn't actually checked it with Accordance as last week I tried to link to Dropbox in another app and Dropbox said I had reached my max number of devices. Must have been something with the other app.

If you link from WITHIN (sync setting) Accordance it should work, mine did even though I had more than three devices.