Will the Peshitta OT ever be available in a Hebrew font?

benkeshet

The Peshitta NT mod is already available in a Hebrew font, as are Curetonianus and Sinaitcus NT fragments.

The Targumim are in Hebrew fonts.

So, dealing with Estrangela is a bit of a chore, but if there is no plan to release the Peshitta OT in a Hebrew font, then I guess I'll have to get crackin' and learn it.

Thank you.

It would be great if we had a switch to change the fonts. There are also some other texts which would benefit. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

We release what we receive. The Peshitta NT came with a Hebrew (rather Aramaic) font but the OT did not, Dr. Lund simply transcribed and tagged it.

• Like 1

but if there is no plan to release the Peshitta OT in a Hebrew font

Benkeshet, if you have (or can acquire) a text of the Peshitta "OT" in ASCII, then you can easily import it into Accordance as a user Bible.  It won't likely have vowels, but you can place it next to Accordance version of the Peshitta "OT" in Estrangela, and it will be "cross-searchable" in the Research Tab, along with all other Hebrew texts.  (Thank you, Accordance!!!)

It might look something like this (attached).  As has been pointed out before, changing the Estrangela text to Hebrew font can (at least, in my experience with Find & Replace) be done in 5-10 minutes.  Estrangela is simply a different script.  The Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets are exact the same.

post-35231-0-06371500-1557293930_thumb.jpg

The import with 12.3.3 and 12.3.4 is broken. I guess it is fixed with the upcoming 12.3.5.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you all for the helpful responses.

Benkeshet, if you have (or can acquire) a text of the Peshitta "OT" in ASCII, then you can easily import it into Accordance as a user Bible.  It won't likely have vowels, but you can place it next to Accordance version of the Peshitta "OT" in Estrangela, and it will be "cross-searchable" in the Research Tab, along with all other Hebrew texts.  (Thank you, Accordance!!!)

It might look something like this (attached).  As has been pointed out before, changing the Estrangela text to Hebrew font can (at least, in my experience with Find & Replace) be done in 5-10 minutes.  Estrangela is simply a different script.  The Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets are exact the same.

This looks like a reasonable possibility. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best.

[edit]

By the way, I did search around the forum before posting this, but now I see that others have also recently posted about this, so my apologies for not finding those postings first.

Edited by benkeshet