A Coptic Dictionary

Fabian

I guess it would be good if OakTree add now Tools of areas which are not present in the Store. For the Coptic texts are no Dictionary available. 

Greetings

Fabian

I guess it would be good if OakTree add now Tools of areas which are not present in the Store.

This request is not limited to Coptic. There are more.

Greetings

Fabian

(Story behind: Yesterday I sat at a Table in the cafeteria at the Uni with a Teacher in Coptic and his Student who learn it. I would love to recommend Accordance, but I can't. The L-company has, so I had to decide if I recommend nothing or the L-company.)

Edited by Fabian

I wish for Accordance to actually outdo the competition in this - have heard the competitor's dictionary is insufficient! There are two major ones: Crum and the forthcoming one. Either of those
I also know someone with Coptic-skills and am wanting to learn myself and am definitely not going with the competitor… likewise I see to that she doesn't either

• 1 month later...

Oh, and there's also ISBN 0-02-897025-X:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coptic-Encyclopedia-ExLib-by-Aziz-Suryal-Atiya/143081027846?epid=90486409&hash=item21504b3906:g:hm4AAOSwJtJcFP2J :

There are two major ones: Crum and the forthcoming one. Either of those

• 4 years later...

I think there are a few threads on this in the archives but resurfacing this request. Although a Coptic NT text is available in Accordance, there is no dictionary or lexicon (or grammar) available for electronic search. While a tagged Coptic text would certainly be nice, is there any way we can see about getting a standard Lexicon/dictionary into Accordance for Coptic? 

Is there a particular one you'd want to see?

@Nathan Parker these would be a great place to start :) 

Introduction to Sahidic Coptic (Lambdin): 978-0865540484

Coptic: A Grammar of its Six Major Dialects (Allen): 978-1646020645

A Coptic Grammar with Chrestomathy and Glossary (Layton): 978-3447062008

A Coptic Dictionary (Crum): 978-1597523332

Coptic Etymological Dictionary (Cerny): 978-1108013994 

Thanks!