• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc…
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

HI!

When I hover mouse cursor over any Bible link in Accordance (commentary or Bible outlines module) and press Command key, it shows the Bible text in another translation in the Instant Details pane. Why the same paradigm isn't used for user note Bible links? Press Command key and the same Bible text is shown in another translation, as specified in the app's preferences.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#2 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Why the same paradigm isn't used for user note Bible links?

Agreed, but I take it just a little further, and say that the "Command" key should allow *multiple* Bible versions 4, 6, 8? to appear in one pop-up window.  Another software does this, and it saves a tremendous amount of time when wanting to view a verse in many versions simultaneously, versus having to open additional windows.

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)

Finally!!!!!!!!!!  Now I can show others that all the money I've been spending in Accordance is actually biblical.

Edited by TYA, 09 May 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#3 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,511 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

The Command key (or Control key in Windows) shows the Alternate Text. This works in User Notes as well. To set the Alternate Text for any open module, press "Command-T" on a Mac or "Control-T" in Windows to show the Text Display preferences.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bible translation, Bible, User note, User notes, Alt, Alternative

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users