• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:bible translation
    cultural hermeneutics
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:42 PM

The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has excellent study notes / translator's notes.  (Only the NET comes close.)

It would be amazing if those could be purchased as a module.

I have a hard copy of the NJB (not the noteless readers' edition that Accordance offers), but it's in a box somewhere in America whereas I live and work in East Africa.

Thanks for considering!

• Fabian and TYA like this

#2 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

1+ (I have asked before, as have others)

• Fabian, Morgado and JoshuaRuth like this
Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#3 JoshuaRuth

JoshuaRuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    cultural hermeneutics

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:52 AM

Michael,

if enough of us keep asking ...

#4 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Well after years of asking we did get the NOAB so anything is possible I would love to have it but fear the recently released.  RJB is more likely what wee would get. I know newer is often seen as better but from what I have seen feel less scholarly and more dogmatic.

-dan

• ukfraser and JoshuaRuth like this

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

I know newer is often seen as better but...

I used the original jb with notes all the time from the early 70's untill i got accordance on my ipad 2 in 2011. In all that time it was my go to and i actually had it rebound when the spine broke. During virtually 40 years it was only left behind when i needed something pocket sized because it was ideal for study and home groups. And i still enjoy using it.

Edited by ukfraser, 10 May 2019 - 02:26 PM.

• Daniel Francis and Unix like this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#6 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

I have a regular hard cover in slip case JB but was lucky enough years ago to find a vinyl covered JB which is rather close to a pocket size. and looks like a leather bound edition (although it feels like plastic it is in wonderful condition as it wears very well). Indeed i found that before finding the full hard back edition. 

-dan

#7 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:29 PM

In hind sight, a leather copy would have been better. My Really Sound Version (pocket zip size) and Common Worship are both leather bound and the rsv is still going strong from the 70s though not used much these days.

Edited by ukfraser, 10 May 2019 - 03:39 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#8 JoshuaRuth

JoshuaRuth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
    cultural hermeneutics

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

My NET (readers' edition) is leather bound, but I've been unimpressed with the quality of the binding.

My fat NJB is just a hardback, and one of the boards came off.  I'd like a pocket size leather-bound NJB that's actually well-made for reading, and the full NJB study notes in digital form on Accordance for reference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NJB, notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users