Lexicons in iOS devices

longhornm

I use accordance for my reading of Josephus and Maccabees, one reason being the access of both the LSJ lexicon and BDAG with the entries coming up rapidly and no pause while the system searches. Whilst it is great to look words up through a click and hold and easily swap between the lexicons, one thing that isn't great is the interface with the lexicon if you want to manually look up a word.

Example, if I were to want to look up a word beginning with pi but a second letter near the end of the alphabet I can either click on pi and then scroll through the entire list of words beginning with this letter, or click rho and then scroll the other way. Other software I own manages this well by subdividing the list of entries under pi into chunks so you can more rapidly narrow down on what you are after. 

Am I just missing an easy trick here? 

Why not simply use a wildcard search for pi*rho?

That works much better than the manual scrolling but depending on the combination of letters you need to click through the returns as it doesn't go exclusively to the lexical entry itself 

Thanks for the surprisingly obvious improvement though. Hard to believe I work in IT!

It should be searching only the lexical entries if you select that field in the search view.

It's a button under the search entry box that shows your current field and lets you change it.

That still pulls back a lot of returns that aren’t the main lexical entry I am interested it where a form of a word starts with that. You have definitely helped me out though with these tips so thank you