Edit Notes directly from app split screen

zcostilla

I use Accordance for almost everything Bible related, including sermon preparation and sermon notes when others are preaching and teaching. I use my notes feature daily, and love that with Dropbox I can sync it to every device I use with Accordance. The one issue I have with the iOS version is that the notes are a pop up window, which covers the text, so whenever I need to see the text again for any context or copying a reference, I have to close out the note and come back to it. If it were possible to edit the note directly from the it’s half of the Accordance split screen, it would be a tremendous improvement over my current workaround of using my phone app for text and my iPad for notes, or using the iOS multitasking split screen with Apple Notes and having to copy it back into Accordance.

So that you can see the text while you’re writing your note, tap the triangle icon next to the verse reference.

IMG_72BBA133E8B9-1.jpeg?dl=1

So that you can see the text while you’re writing your note, tap the triangle icon next to the verse reference.

Thanks! That’s not bad. Still hard when I use one note for an entire sermon outline but this is better than nothing.

• 2 years later...

I am still hoping for an improved version of this functionality in the next release of Accordance. I appreciate being able to edit the note from the split scree note, but it still pops up and covers the entire display. If I could edit it within the existing window, it would be a huge improvement. 

Thank you devs for bringing Accordance as far along as it has come. 

• 2 years later...

Curious if the ability to edit notes directly in the split stream will be included in 14.1. I can edit a mobile note now within the note, which was a huge feature when since it rolled out, but I cannot edit them when they are the second half of a split screen. This would also be a huge benefit for me. 

I don't have an ETA on this, but I'll log it on my Feature Requests list to ensure our programmers are aware of it.

• Thanks 1