Comparing two different passages in same tab?

Jonathan Hicks

Is there a way to view side by side two different passages in the same tab? I understand that I can compare different versions of the same passage. I also am aware of the parallels set, which works well for quotations, but lacks many passages that I want to compare.

For instance, two different places I've recently wanted to use such a feature. I am in a class on Revelation. I wanted to compare the Four Horseman in Zech 6 with those in Revelation 6. Using two different tabs means having to jump back and forth, and having to remember what one said while looking at the other.

Second, I've been doing some OT Text Criticism in 2 Samuel and wanted to compare that passage with a parallel account in 1 Chr. I can't seem to find a way to do this without using separate tabs.

Could there be a way to search 2 panes by putting some kind of command between 2 references to indicate that the first reference is for the first pane and the second reference is for the second pane?

The Kings and Chronicles parallels will appear in the OT Parallels. For other passages you can enter the references of both passages in the entry box, and the control click on the scroll bar to scroll just one of the panes. Separate entry boxes would just be very crowded.

Jonathan,

In addition to Helen's spot on suggestions, don't forget that you can also have open two different windows. They can be detached from any tabbed worksheet and quickly arranged with the Window/Arrange/Tile menu command.

While the addition of tabs and worksheets into Accordance a few years back was an outstanding addition, there are many many applications where it is still ideal to be working with separate, equally visible windows.

While the addition of tabs and worksheets into Accordance a few years back was an outstanding addition, there are many many applications where it is still ideal to be working with separate, equally visible windows.

Amen! :rolleyes:

Thanks for both of those suggestions. Control-scrolling is very useful to be made aware of. Using multiple windows seems so easy, but it never even occurred to me.

Archived