Best Mac program with RegEx to prepare texts for Accordance?

I've prepared and imported several user Bibles as well as a number of user-tools, but I'm not very happy with my workflow. I'd like to switch to another program that has a more powerful find/replace function using Regular Expressions.

1. I usually start with an HTML text and so I would like a program that displays all the HTML tags in a way that can be manipulated.

2. Also, it would be nice if the program could save my RegEx strings in case I want to prepare a similar text in the future.

What is your favorite RegEx enabled program for preparing texts to be imported into Accordance?

I work most with BBEdit. For RTL also with CotEditor both are free in the Mac App Store. 

Sublime Text  can be also a great alternative. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

This will be +3 for BBEdit.

As for saving your strings, I would recommend scripting from a file rather than relying on one particular editor. For my money Perl will be the easiest to get up and running. MacOS comes with Perl preinstalled and its RegEx engine is one of the fastest and easiest to use. I've attached a boilerplate Perl script to help get you started. Feel free to ask for more help if needed.

sample perl script.pl.zip

• Like 2

Whenever I've done this for anything I might repeat I've used Python.

But it looks like BBEdit supports a form of macros which might serve.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Wow! That's pretty unanimous for BBEdit! Looks like exactly what I need!

Thank you so much for your help!

Atom

(just kidding… BBedit)

• Like 1

Ok, You all were right! BBEdit was perfect!

I just finished importing another user Bible and several user tools edited with BBEdit and it was so much easier than all my other processes I've used in the past!

Thank you all so much for your help!