Arabic Keyboard

miketisdell

Accordance isn't using the standard Arabic keyboard, how can I change the keyboard to match the system keyboard?

Note: on my Chromebook (Android app), the correct keyboard is used, but on the windows version it is not.

Edited by miketisdell

We would need to program a Unicode keyboard as we did for Hebrew and Greek. The entry box should accept a pasted Arabic word from unicode, though.

Mike, any system keyboard will work.  Just as with the Hebrew and Greek, if you don't like our keyboard, any standard keyboard input will work.  Have you tried changing your system keyboard to an arabic one?

• Like 1

Mike, any system keyboard will work.  Just as with the Hebrew and Greek, if you don't like our keyboard, any standard keyboard input will work.  Have you tried changing your system keyboard to an arabic one?

Changing the Windows language does work. It would be nice if the defined Arabic keyboard in the system could be chosen by default.

Do you actually need to go so far as to change the system language ? Or is simply switch the keyboard mapping at the system level enough ? That's what I do for Greek and Hebrew.

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

You actually have to change the system keyboard in windows (via the icon at the bottom right on the task bar. If you have the system keyboard installed but leave the language in English, Accordance uses a different keyboard map.

I think we are saying the same thing. By switching the system language I was wondering if you meant the entire locale so that the Windows text on menus and so on would be in Arabic also. Sounds like that's not what you meant.

Thx

D

I think we are saying the same thing. By switching the system language I was wondering if you meant the entire locale so that the Windows text on menus and so on would be in Arabic also. Sounds like that's not what you meant.

Thx

D

Correct, I am just switching the input language and keyboard and not the default system language.

• Like 1