3 replies to this topic

#1 pastorscottz

pastorscottz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

I used to be able to copy as citation or copy as bibliography when copying from a commentary. I've not changed any of my settings. I have citation enabled in preferences. I am using the latest accordance (12.3.4). But when I copy as citation, I only get the text copied with no citation. When I copy as bibliography, I get nothing. Any ideas? I'm not attempting to copy Bible text, but from commentaries. I've tried several, and none contain the bibliography or citation information when I paste.

#2 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,534 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

In your Accordance Preferences, the Citation preferences are for your Texts, and the Bibliography preferences are for your Tools. 

If you're citing a Tool, set your Bibliography preferences, then select Copy As—>Citation. 

#3 pastorscottz

pastorscottz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

Thanks, Mark. I have all that down and have been doing that correctly. What I learned is that it does not work in Pages. It works fine in Word. But that is strange. Accordance was designed as a Mac program. Logos does citation and bibliography fine in Pages. But not Accordance. Disappointing. 

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,622 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

Thanks, Mark. I have all that down and have been doing that correctly. What I learned is that it does not work in Pages. It works fine in Word. But that is strange. Accordance was designed as a Mac program. Logos does citation and bibliography fine in Pages. But not Accordance. Disappointing. 

Using Logos 8.5.0.0026 and Pages 8.0 (6194), I cannot get a citation to footnote when pasted from Logos to Pages.

Can you give a specific example of what you’re pasting that is creating a footnote for you in Pages? If I have the same content in Logos, I’d like to try to replicate.

• Silas Marrs likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: copy, citation, copy citation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users