copy as citation or bibliography not working

pastorscottz

I used to be able to copy as citation or copy as bibliography when copying from a commentary. I've not changed any of my settings. I have citation enabled in preferences. I am using the latest accordance (12.3.4). But when I copy as citation, I only get the text copied with no citation. When I copy as bibliography, I get nothing. Any ideas? I'm not attempting to copy Bible text, but from commentaries. I've tried several, and none contain the bibliography or citation information when I paste.

In your Accordance Preferences, the Citation preferences are for your Texts, and the Bibliography preferences are for your Tools. 

If you're citing a Tool, set your Bibliography preferences, then select Copy As—>Citation. 

Thanks, Mark. I have all that down and have been doing that correctly. What I learned is that it does not work in Pages. It works fine in Word. But that is strange. Accordance was designed as a Mac program. Logos does citation and bibliography fine in Pages. But not Accordance. Disappointing. 

Thanks, Mark. I have all that down and have been doing that correctly. What I learned is that it does not work in Pages. It works fine in Word. But that is strange. Accordance was designed as a Mac program. Logos does citation and bibliography fine in Pages. But not Accordance. Disappointing. 

Using Logos 8.5.0.0026 and Pages 8.0 (6194), I cannot get a citation to footnote when pasted from Logos to Pages.

Can you give a specific example of what you’re pasting that is creating a footnote for you in Pages? If I have the same content in Logos, I’d like to try to replicate.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/30/2019 at 3:44 AM, pastorscottz said:

I found a solution. Accordance menu > Settings... > Bibliography > Uncheck "Insert citation only as footnote". Now it works in Pages, too. Bibliography is pasted in Pages right after the citation. Just select bibliography text, cut and paste it in the footnote.

• Like 1