#1 Cnthetford

Cnthetford

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

I was happy to see that highlighting and syncing with dropbox is supported in the Android version.  I have a few questions though.

1. I enabled the dropbox sync and connected to my account.  Then I went to some passages where I had added highlights from the pc version and they are not there.  How do I see existing highlights?

2. When I select highlight from the Android app, I see some generic highlight styles but not the ones I've defined.  How do I switch to those?

3. I highlighted some text and did the dropbox sync.  Then I go to the PC and do a sync, but my highlight didn't show up.   How do I make that work?

Thanks for the continued work on the Android version.  Once the highlights are working between PC/Mobile and my different notes sets are available, it will be a very useful tool on my tablet.

I am on Version 1.4.3 (11074)

#2 Matt Robertson

Matt Robertson

Silver

• Accordance
  • 197 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:11 AM

It sounds like you may need to change your current highlight file. All highlights are saved in a highlight file, and only a single file's highlights are shown at a time. So it's possible you may be using one highlight file on Android and a different one on PC.

To change your current highlight file on Android, open app settings and tap the drop-down box next to the label "Highlight file". Then select the file you want to use. The default on Android is "My Mobile Highlights.hlt". Once you change your current file, your highlights from the new file will immediately be shown in the text.

To see which highlight file you are using on your PC, click the Highlight icon in the toolbar and look at the top left of the dialog. There you will see a drop-down menu listing all of your highlight files, and the currently selected file will be indicated.

Edited by Matt Robertson, 05 June 2019 - 08:42 AM.

Matt Robertson

Android Developer

Accordance Bible Software

M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School

#3 Cnthetford

Cnthetford

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:39 PM

That got it.. thanks.  I didn't think to check for new settings after the new features were added.   Android defaulted to a "Mobile Highlights" file and I needed to switch it.

• Matt Robertson likes this

#4 Matt Robertson

Matt Robertson

Silver

• Accordance
  • 197 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

Glad to hear it!

Matt Robertson

Android Developer