Not keeping position after multitasking

danielamari

I am not sure how to classify this report. I think what i am requesting here is more of an enhancement. Please let me know if my request is legitimate.

I have Accordance open to Bible panel having probably NA28 on Mark, and a commentary on Mark. Let’s say that it is Mark 2:10. As I am reading the commentary on exactly Mark 2:10, i am scrolling because the commentary is longer than the panel. The commentary is still in Mark 2:10. Then i have to leave Accordance to go to word for windows to write my own notes about Mark 2:10. It could be few seconds writing one sentence or pasting a quote from that commentary. I return back with the expectation that i will return wherever i left the commentary at. However, the commentary position is reset to the beginning of Mark 2:10. I understand that the two panels, Bible and commentary are synched together, but resetting the position during multitasking seems not the appropriate behavior. For somebody preparing an expositional sermon, or taking devotional/preaching notes, or doing research, this might be an important enhancement.

Now i am trying to think when do i need my two panels sychned during multitasking, and i am not sure i can find any reason to do so. The syncing that i need is when i selecting resource at either panel, or when changing the position at the master panel such as selecting another verse or scrolling up or down to another verse. Maybe i am missing something.

I am not a developer but it seems to me that after multitasking, the content needs to be redisplayed. The position in the master window is saved but not the secondary window that contains the commentary. I think both needs to be saved and utilized even when they are synched together.

If this is an easy and reliable fix, and if my explanation behavior makes sense and applicable to many people, let it be fixed. Thanks.

Edited by danielamari

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for the link. However, it has nothing to do with the problem above. Thank you

I am wondering if i am explaining this problem correctly. Let me try again using pictures: First, I am looking at this verse/commentary combination:

post-35133-0-34988900-1560289529_thumb.png

Then i start reading the commentary and i get to this point:

post-35133-0-27725400-1560289544_thumb.png

Then i switch to Word, email, or any app even for 1 second. My expectation is that when i return, it will be exactly where i left it to continue reading the commentary. However, here is what i get:

post-35133-0-28166600-1560289554_thumb.png

Daniel,

The program should and does keep your location active if you switch to another app. The only reason you should be experiencing a situation like this is if the program is receiving a notification from the system that it needs to free memory by sleeping Accordance.

What model iPad are you running? What iOS version? I'll see if I can replicate.

Thanks Graham,

IPad Pro (10.5 WiFi+ LTE), 256Gig (60% is Available), 12.3.1 (latest). Accordance for iOS 3.0.0.11073

I tried removing all apps from multitasking, then restarting the ipad, but it still displays the same problem.post-35133-0-62633400-1560324620_thumb.jpeg

Edited by danielamari

Yeah, that machine shouldn't be closing in the background. One other question while I look into this: Do you change device orientation from when you background the app to when you bring it back? If the app has to recalculate the screen due to an orientation change that will reset your location as well.

Graham,

Thanks for the help. I always have it connected to apple keyboard, so it is always in the horizontal orientation.

I'm also seeing this. Oddly, it seems to happen every time with the screen split into upper and lower panes, but usually doesn't happen with a split into left and right panes. I can swipe right with 4 fingers to swtich to Safari, immediately swipe left to return to Accordance, and the commentary position is reset to the beginning of the verse. This is on an ipad in portrait orientation with no keyboard.

Edited by jlm

Graham,

I have tested this on the iphone, but there is no problem there. However, the main difference, other than being iphone vs ipad, is that the ipad has over 20GIG of accordance data since it is my main device for accordance. I have very few resources downloaded on the iphone. Would that be something to look into?