Why buy Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem for Accordance

Tom

I want to buy Grudem's Systematic Theology, I really do. Especially while it is on sale. But I am wondering if I wouldn

Tom,

I have used the printed version, but purchased the Accordance module.

I want to buy Grudem's Systematic Theology, I really do. Especially while it is on sale. But I am wondering if I wouldn

post-349-1225919791_thumb.png

post-349-1225919994_thumb.jpg

I don't have Grudem for Accordance but I can comment on paper vs. accordance in general.

My approach depends on the type of work. If it is the kind of book that I want to sit down and read all the way through, word for word and then only reference on rare occasion then I purchase it in paper.

With Grudem however, it is unlikely that I will read it page by page all the way through. More likely, I will have a question about a certain issue and go find Grudem and skim a page or two on that issue. If that is my main use for the work then it makes more sense to get the module because I can accomplish this task much quicker and without having to have the book on hand (or having to get out of a chair to go find it). Also, any scripture reference searches will be so much faster than in the paper version. If you are looking at Acts 1 and you want to quickly see if Grudem says anything about that chapter you can do it with a few clicks rather than finding the scripture index and looking up the seven different pages where Grudem references it.

I don't think there is any reason to choose the paper version over accordance unless it is a work that you plan to read word for word. Reference works become so much more useful (and thus used) in accordance.

Archived