"Within" search doesn't work across verse division in Bible?

TYA

Great day everyone.

I remember using the "WITHIN" search function to find two words (or more) within a certain space of characters, and it has been very helpful when searching in Tools (Commentaries, Dictionaries, grammars, etc.) in the Research Tab.

(It will be great if specific Scripture verses can be included in a "combo" search with words in the Research Tab, like if I want to find all commentaries that mention the word "beginning" specifically in Gen 1:1.  I've said this before, but just as a reminder.)

However, can I not use the "WITHIN" function to find two words in the Bible that appear between two consecutive verses (e.g. the first search term being in Col 2:12, and the second search term being in Col 2:13)?  Here is my example (attached).  There has got to be a way to do this.  I'm suprised / sad to see that this didn't work.

post-35231-0-82304600-1560401912_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Hello TYA

You have to change the scope. Paragraph, Chapter, or Book. On the right side of the search entry field press the + 2-3x. Or a right click in the grey field between (where the live Click and the Analysis is) the search entry and the Bible tab should give you the same options.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Wonderful.  Thanks so much, Fabian.  I was nervous there for a moment, but that made all the difference.  A continual help and blessing, you are.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 3