#1 rmeischke

rmeischke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

When I perform a search, using either the research button or in a text pane, the resulting hits only show verse numbers without book or chapter references. My normal text display is set for this, but is there a way for the search hit display to be changed without effecting everything else?

#2 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,424 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:38 AM

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to be able to toggle between "Show as Paragraphs" and "Show as Separate Verses". If that's the case, the easiest thing to do is set up keyboard shortcuts for each of those actions. I use "Cmd-P" for paragraphs and "Cmd-V" for verses. 

#3 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,545 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

I think rmeischke may be referring to the preferences which turn off bits of the verse ref. specifically Prefs->Text Display->Advanced-> References in the Format pulldown menu - Omit Book and Chapter. I'm not sure there is a way to do that in the Preferences in a way that does not affect search results also. You could do it in an individual text pane display and that would leave the research and other tabs unaffected.

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search, verse, reference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users