Accordance I have a problem: iOS CRASHING!!!

TCanji

Hello ... Accordance, I have a problem!

As a reference point I am using iOS 12.3.1. and Accordance for iOS 3.0.1.

Until today I had flawless and smooth experience on my iPad. However since today, my Accordance app will simply not open at all, it is immediately crashing! Have any of you experienced the same / similar problem, have you find the cure?! I did restart the iPad but to no avail. The most drastic measure might be deleting the App and re-installing it, but again there’s no guarantee the problem will dissolve, vanish, go away :unsure: .

All suggestions are welcome! 

Thanks in advance!

1st thing to try, Go to settings in ios (not accordance) choose Accordance from the list of installed apps, select remove saved session. Possibly a few other settings but try this first.

post-31185-0-73547200-1560613320_thumb.jpeg

Please go to the iPad settings, scroll down to Accordance and select the first option: Remove Saved Session. Then start up Accordance again. If it still fails you can try the other one time options, but resetting User Content may lose work you have saved on that device.

Our latest Podcast illustrates all these troubleshooting options in all the apps.

Thank you so much ukfraser and Helen.

I did as you suggested, namely - Remove Saved Session - in the iPad settings, but unfortunately Accordance is still not opening. I will see if the latest Podcast offers any more insights. I am hesitant to Remove User Contet and thus loose my work - will it delete my highlights as well?!?! If yes, can I recover them via Sync with Dropbox?! Any thoughts on that subject?

Thanks!

Tomi,

Any data that you've synced to your desktop and/or Dropbox will be retrievable if you Remove User Content. So I wouldn't concern yourself with that. If you want an extra level of protection you could do a full backup sync of your phone to your computer before you delete any content. Then a restore would return you to your previous state.

That being said, I don't think you're going to run into any issues restoring your content. You might have run into a corruption somewhere that a reinstall will fix. 

As a point of reference, what iOS device are you running?

Graham,

Thanks a lot for your reply! That's so good to know, gives me peace of mind! I if understood correctly I CAN Remove User Content and than sync back again using Dropbox?

I'm using latest update, iOS 12.3.1. on my iPad / not iPhone  - if it makes any difference.

Btw, I have never done a full backup sync, any words of wisdom on that? Is it via Dropbox? So far that's the only syncing method a used.

Thanks in advance!

For the full backup I was referring to the entirety of your phone. Connect to iTunes and under your phone management section perform a backup stored on your desk/laptop.

Yes, you can restore your user content from Dropbox after deleting it, not problem at all.

Which iPad model do you have?

Graham,

As you suggested not to worry since the content will be retrievable I humbly obeyed and did Remove User Content on my iPad Pro 10.5 Check. But oddly enough a big bump! Not only was it not retrievable via Dropbox sync, not only is all of my work done on iPad - all meticulous highlights - lost, but the same is also gone from my desktop/laptop Mac as well! What?! I almost fainted  :(. I really don’t get it. In spite the fact that I was regularly syncing - on daily basis - between the two? Tried with TM backup, but nope, gone! But hey, possibly I am just tired and it’s entirely my fault and I must be doing something wrong? Or possibly my favorite piece of technology and my favorite Bible software are gone “rogue”?

Graham, hopefully, you as an accomplished iOS Programer can detect / prevent similar problems in the future, offer solution? To have all my work on my iPad and - in sync - on my desktop Mac gone - again - is a horrific scenario I wish to avoid. Possibly the key question is: Why has Accordance App crashed in the first place?! Has it happened to anyone else, is this an isolated case? Possibly my iPad has a glitch? But than what about Dropbox etc. Whatever the reason, I “hate” to think that something even remotely similar may happen to any fellow pastor or any other Accordance user in the future. Please do some of your "ninja" stuff and fix it for us  :ph34r:.

Appreciate your time in dealing with this issue.

Thank you!

Ps.: if you prefer we can continue our dialogue via your PM.
Edited by Tomi

Don’t forget to check the automatic drop box backups. I have been in similar situations and found that what I needed was safely in the drop box backup files.

—Joseph

Hi Tomi,

Solly has a very strong point. You can go to the 'dropbox.com' webpage and in the 'Files' section in the right hand column you can select 'Show Deleted Files' and you should be able to restore from there if you can find it. You can also check for a 'previous version' using the 'more options menu' ('3 dots') at the right end of each file's line. If you have further questions or would like to speak with one of us, you can call us in support at 407-339-0266 or email us at support@accordancebible.com.   Thanks.

Thank you Solly & Billy32792 for your valuable suggestions.

Great tip regarding Dropbox, however I'm sorry to report that I did check my Dropbox account and unfortunately could not retrieve any previous versions in My Mobile Highlights.hlt Version history. 

Billy, thank you for kindly offering additional support. I will contact Tech Support line during appropriate business hours. Hopefully FT audio will work just fine.