Make Untagged / Unvowelized versions of texts for Literal Search Capability

TYA

Accordance Team,

I'd like to propose an idea to resolve the need for a truly literal search between the whitespaces, which I've requested before.  Since Accordance handles tagged and untagged texts differently, and also vowelized and non-vowelized texts differently (and based on my extensive research (documented on this forum), not even with 100% consistency within these groups(!)), why not make available untagged and non-vowelized versions of the texts that are tagged / vowelized?

The Research Tab already handles user Bibles (many of mine being untagged / unvowelized versions of texts that Accordance already offers) for the sake of getting a truly literal search between the whitespaces.  I don't imagine that it would be that hard for Accordance to release a version of the text without the tagging / vowelization.  At least, that would strike me as easier than having to re-code the whole program (as one person put it to me before).

I'd really appreciate if Accordance would consider doing this.  True, I can't state exactly how much work it would take to de-tag and de-vowelize existing texts, but I also imagine that you may have versions of those texts prior to when they were tagged and vowelized (i.e. initial steps in the process, so to speak).

Maybe such untagged / non-vowelized versions could be made available in a somewhat discrete manner, as an optional download, or something like that.  But then again, if you surprise me with a wonderful new feature in the next release, which allows for a truly literal search between the whitespaces, then I will be satisfied with that.

I'm just bringing this up because--again--the Research Tab already has this functionality for untagged and non-vowelized texts.  I would think making versions of, say, the Targums, available in such a way wouldn't be too difficult; and again, I propose this as a potentially easier solution than "re-coding the whole program."

Thank you for the consideration.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 3

I agree fully. This would be useful- Especially with DSS research if one tends to disagree with a tagged form root derivation. A truly literal search would help there as well.

• Like 3