Amplify/search for selected word in 8.1

Sean R.

In version 8.1, when selecting a word in a text and amplifying/searching for that word by either control-clicking or selecting a text from the resource palette, the new window/tab created mimics the setup of the originating window/tab. For example, if I have the ESVS, GNT-T, and NET in parallel along with the NET Notes, the new window/tab created to conduct the amplify/search for the selected word will include those resources.

Accordance does not behave this way, however, when I amplify/search from a text that is not of the same language as the default search text for my working search window. For example, when I have the above setup with the ESVS as the search text, I can amplify/search from a word in either the ESVS or NET and Accordance will create a new window/tab that mimics the originating search window/tab (as described above). If, however, I amplify/search from the GNT-T, Accordance will open a new window/tab that only includes the GNT-T

After posting the above, I realized why Accordance is behaving this way. It's not an issue of language but rather one of what text I'm amplifying to in order to conduct the search. If I amplify/search to the current search text for my window/tab, the window/tab is duplicated to conduct the search. If, however, I amplify/search to any different text (whether an English, Hebrew, or Greek

Archived