Questions about Stacks

kevinplarson

Hey everyone...

a) I can't seem to ever get Stacks to sync between the versions on my two Macs. What could I be doing wrong?

B) When I add something to a stack (using the toolbar up top), it keeps adding to a stack for a different passage/sermon. How do I direct it to a specific stack or make a new "default" stack?

Thanks!

Kevin,

Since no one has responded to your question, let me (hopefully) start a conversation. I usually open the stack I want active from my library panel when I know I'm going to be directing stuff to a particular stack. You can use the Selection menu and from the Add Selection to Stack menu select something other than the active stack as the target for selected data. I would really appreciate a dropdown from the Stack icon in the toolbar that allowed a selection to be directed to something other than the active stack (that very well may be possible and I just don't know how).

With respect to syncing stacks across devices, I use Dropbox to sync and it does a solid job of syncing stacks to my iOS devices. What is your setup.....are you syncing with Dropbox, iCloud or ????

Edited by Clint Cozier

Thanks for the reply.

That was helpful. Just not sure how you make a stack "active," but that might be your point - that you wish it were easier, too.

One thing I'm wrestling with is that I keep trying to delete my old stacks to make things easier, and they keep reappearing! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by kevinplarson

Kevin,

Well, with respect to making a stack active, scratch what I said about opening it up. The only way that I know of to definitively select the active stack is to use the Selection / Add Selection to Stack menu. I've noticed this past week that opening up a stack doesn't always make it the active stack. Yes, I do wish this were easier.....for me that would be a dropdown from the stack tool button or some kind of shortcut key from the library. To my untrained (and non-programmer) eye, the active stack is almost a randon selection. Right now, mine is stuck on a stack I haven't actually used in several months. Change it, close Accordance down and open it again and its back to where I started.

Since you've mentioned syncing, what are you using to sync Accordance between machines, and what OSs are involved?  I use Dropbox and am syncing macOS and iOS; sometimes it can be difficult to actually delete something from both the local machine and the sync. Dropbox did a major revision of their Mac client a month or so ago, and it seems better to me, but I too sometimes struggle to really delete an item that is being synced by Dropbox. 

Edited by Clint Cozier

To make a stack the active stack there are two options I know of:

1. As Clint mentions above : select something add it to a stack and that stack will become active.

2. Open the stack and go to the wheel icon of top right (left on Windows) and click and there is a Make Current Stack option there.

As to deleting stacks, open the library, open the Stacks section, right click on it and select Remove item. Then confirm move to trash. If you are syncing I would that before making other updates on other devices, and I would make sure that the current device is sync'd up to date before doing the delete. That way you'll know that there are no pending updates that might cause it to reappear.

Thx

D