Use of SD card storage

RevM

Could an option be provided to allow downloaded books to be stored on the SD card, if present?

This is already supported. It is controlled in the settings for your device.

• Like 1

I don't believe this is implemented completely as yet. I just moved the app to my SD Card and was surprised by how much moved. But I then downloaded the biblelands photo guide - a 479.7MB module. Checking free space before and after reveals that it landed on the device memory not the SD Card. I suspect that what moves is mostly the app itself but the data is not moved. But that's a bit of guess.

That said it's been requested before and I know it's on the list.

Note also, this test was on Android 5.0. I know this stuff changes between versions and with different vendors. For example Lenovo can treat and SD card as though it's an extension to the on device memory, whereas other devices will treat is as a separate thing.

Thx

D

• Like 1

At present, the "external storage" support is highly device-specific. The app defaults to using what your device considers "external storage." Depending on the device, however, what it considers "external storage" may or may not actually be your SD card, even if your device has an SD card. Full SD card support is on the list of features to add, though.

• Like 3