More "freeze-crashes" at random intervals

TYA

Great day, Accordance Team.

During a routine use of Accordance today, in which I sometimes get 5-10 separate windows of Accordance running at the same time, the program crashed (technically froze my whole computer, which is the worst part of it all), multiple times.

This does happen regularly (about once to twice per a day's use), but at such random intervals, and for a variety of times, I 1) don't want to spend my time reporting it always, and 2) don't think you could possibly duplicate all that I experience.

Nevertheless, this irritated me enough today that I set out to take some screenshots and report it.  Thanks for all you do!

post-35231-0-56406500-1562465179_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-51154500-1562465187_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-05099300-1562465195_thumb.jpg

Hi Helen.  The short answer is "No, and that is a complicated issue."  I've already worked extensively with a couple Accordance staff members, but the short answer is that I don't get crash logs.

Those staff members requested that I post such issues here on the forums, but they are aware of my situation, and why I don't get crash logs on my computer.  We've tried a number of things.

Also, the real irritant is that Accordance rarely "goes down peacefully," in the sense of just crashing.  Most of the time, it freezes up my entire computer, and only through opening Window's Task Manager, and manually aborting the process from the process tree, can I get out of the endless freeze.  Very annoying to say the least.

Again, I post here by request, but would do best if those Accordance staff members would continue working with me.

• Like 2

Here was a repeatable crash, now happening for about the third time under the same basic circumstances.  I opened my notes file, and when I went to perform a search, changing "Reference" to "Content," the whole Accordance program (several windows open) literally disappeared in the blink of an eye.  This happened just as I selected "Content" from the drop down menu, not even getting the opportunity to perform a search.

And I've now reproduced this exactly three times in a row, opening Accordance from where it crashed / disappeared, and then taken the same route to make it do the same thing all over again.  UPDATE: I just did it a fourth time.  This time I tried first doing a test search under category "Reference" (the default search category in Notes), and after doing that dummy search, I then tried to select "Content" from the drop down menu.  Crash!

In a sense though, I wouldn't even call this a "crash," because the program literally vanished from the screen, leaving me looking at the Windows Desktop.  This is repeatable, as I just did it four times in a row, simply as described above.  (And I now saved the session with all open windows just in case someone needs to see it).

But I don't understand, since I've opened my notes file (I only have one so far) numerous times, and have done this very thing without crashes / sudden disappearing of Accordance.  It's only been over the past few weeks that this has occurred--and again, about three times now.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here was a repeatable crash, now happening for about the third time under the same basic circumstances.  I opened my notes file, and when I went to perform a search, changing "Reference" to "Content," the whole Accordance program (several windows open) literally disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Still happening.  Just FYI

I also just tried switching from "Content" to "Reference," and instead of getting the mysterious Accordance-disappears-in-the-blink-of-an-eye, I got the more "usual" crash.  Ugh.

Edited by TYA