Photo

Why did a "Saved session" not remember all open windows?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:26 AM

Not much I can post in the way of evidence or documentation on this issue, but this isn't the first time that a "Saved session," in which I had about 7 windows open at the time I saved it, only opens up with a couple of the windows.

In other words, although I specifically created (and later overwrote) this saved session with about 7 windows, when I used it to open again (with multiple attempts, just to be sure), it only opened 2 of the 7 windows.  Why would this be?

#2 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram

Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

Update: This just happened again, a second time.  Ugh.

I just built up another study going with about 7-10 windows open.  This time used "File -> Save As" and then saved as an "Accordance File" on the Desktop.  Restarted my computer just to test it, and when I tried to open the file, it only opened 1 out of 7+ windows.

Thankfully, I was able to use "Open Autosaved Session," and that did restore all the windows perfectly on this latest attempt.  However, that works better for the random crashes, which I still experience about once a day (ugh).  I want the regular "Save session" option or "Save As" to be able to save studies long-term.

Edited by TYA, 07 July 2019 - 02:57 AM.

#3 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

Can Accordance acknowledge or respond to this thread?  I've heard nothing yet.  Thank you.

#4 Silas Marrs

Silas Marrs

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 532 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

Can you send me a copy of the workspace?

Did you hit "Save As.." or "Save Session..."?  I think "Save As" saves the workspace you have active, while "Save Session" saves all of them as a set.

• TYA likes this

#5 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:47 PM

Did you hit "Save As.." or "Save Session..."?  I think "Save As" saves the workspace you have active, while "Save Session" saves all of them as a set.

Perfect.  I think this explains it.  I was doing "Save As..."  I now ran a test tonight by opening several windows and saving them two different ways--both as "Save As..." and "Save Session."  I then closed all the windows manually so Accordance wouldn't remember all the open windows by default, and I then launched the program by the "Save As..." file I created.  It only opened one out of 5 windows.  But the "Save Session" file launched all the windows just as I saved them.  So I should be doing "Save Session."

Perfect, Silas!  Thank you.

Edited by TYA, 11 July 2019 - 11:47 PM.

• Fabian and Silas Marrs like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users