How does one display a name on the Map in large letters?

William Cross

I have Paul's Second Missionary Journey route displayed and would like to have Samothrace displayed prominently to match the size of the rest of the locations on the map. How can I increase the size of this word?

Generally, I find it very difficult to figure out how to control the display of words on the map and get to them to display at helpful sizes to use in PowerPoint.

Any help is appreciated. 

post-317-0-77990700-1563636641_thumb.png

Edited by William Cross

Probably the easiest thing to do is to search for Samothrace, then adjust the font size and color for Extra Region Names.

Extra region names are those found as the result of a search. They are "extra" in the sense that they will remain on the map regardless of whether that item actually appears in the currently displayed layers. In addition to searching for a site or region name, you can just shift-click it to make it an "extra" name.

To adjust the appearance of the Extra region names, since you just want it larger and don't necessarily want it to be red, choose Set Map Display from the Display menu. In the pop-up menu at the top of the dialog box, choose Extra Region Names. Then set the font, scale, style, etc. That should do it.

You could also increase the scale of all the Region names, but in making Samothrace acceptably large, you might end up with Greece looking WAY too large. That's why I recommend you make your adjustments using Extra Region names.

Hope this helps.

--------

Well, I spoke too soon. For some reason I can't adjust the scale of Region names or Extra Region Names. Let me look into it and get back to you.

Edited by David Lang
  • Like 1