Showing Bible Book Names in Large Print Between Books

edoneal

Forgive me if this has already been addressed or if it's something simple I'm overlooking.

Is there a setting that allows the name of the Bible book to be displayed at the beginning of the book?   For instance, if I'm reading through Genesis in the ESV and come to the end of the book (Genesis 50:26), is there a way to display (in some sort of large letters or bold text) the next book name (Exodus) between Genesis 50:26 and Exodus 1:1?  See below for an example of what I mean.

This is standard in printed Bibles and lets you know immediately when you're moving from one book to the next as you scroll through reading the text.  Am I missing something that is already in settings somewhere or is there a reason for not including this feature already?

------------------------------------------------------

26 So Joseph died, being 110 years old. They qembalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.

EXODUS

Ex. 1:1

aThese are the names of the sons of Israel who came to Egypt with Jacob, each with his household:

Edited by edoneal
  • Like 2

It's not there and never has been. Originally texts could only have the verse reference and the text itself. We do allow now for headings, so this could be done, but making it an option would be more complicated. So, would everyone want to see the book title every time?

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I love this idea. I posted an idea here: https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/29048-first-verse-of-new-chapter-font/

It would be so helpful to have some better visual indication of where I am (book/chapter) and transitions. I think this could be done with minimal disruption to interacting with the text. 

I'm glad headings are now allowable. Hopefully one day we'll have the option. I saw someone else request in another thread verse 0 be headings, with the option to see them or not. But more important to me than headings are an easier-on-my-eyes way to see book/chapter and transitions. 

• Like 1