Analysis in Details box

Jon Kehrer

I often like to print off vocabulary lists from my GNT-T for the passage I am studying. However, when I go to 'Details', and then 'Analysis', only the inflected form shows up. When I go to Set Analysis Display, if I try to click on 'show gloss with LEX', it won't let me, saying "the selected item cannot be used because it is already used in the same column." I assume this means it isn't recognizing something about the sort and display (INFLECT is the only one in the first column, although it used to be LEX), but no matter what I try, it won't let me see the definitions for the words. Sometimes, if I keep trying, Accordance crashes. I used to be able to get around it by doing my Word Count search in Westcott and Hort (instead of GNT-T), but now that has started doing the same thing. Anybody have any advice or help? Thanks!

You do need to be displaying the LEX in the column (usually above Inflect) in order for it to add the gloss or root form. However, I cannot reproduce that error message, except by putting 2 Lex items in the same column, so I wonder what version of Accordance and GNT-T you are using. Also, can you post a screenshot of the Set Analysis Display? Are glosses and roots showing up in Instant Details or Parsing?

You do need to be displaying the LEX in the column (usually above Inflect) in order for it to add the gloss or root form. However, I cannot reproduce that error message, except by putting 2 Lex items in the same column, so I wonder what version of Accordance and GNT-T you are using. Also, can you post a screenshot of the Set Analysis Display? Are glosses and roots showing up in Instant Details or Parsing?

Thanks for the response. When I open my 'Details' box and go to 'Analysis', I get the screenshot below, "Analysis Screen-Open". As you can see, the "Inflected" is what pops up in my first column automatically.

post-29232-1226637699_thumb.jpg

When I try to move the "Lexical" form above it and click 'ok', I get the screen you see in the screenshot below, "Analysis Screen- Move Lexical".

post-29232-1226637728_thumb.jpg

Then, if I try to move the "Inflected" into another column, I get the grayed-out areas you see in the screenshot, "Analysis Screen- Move Inflected".

post-29232-1226637742_thumb.jpg

I am using Accordance 8.1.1, and my GNT-T is version 3.6. In the process of trying to take screenshots of the error, Accordance shut down about 6 times. Finally, my Instant Details and Parsing seem to be working just fine . . . I don't have any problem viewing everything I need to.

Thanks so much for your help.

This certainly seems to be a bug, and one we haven't seen before. I think the preferences got corrupted. The question is how to fix it? Do you have the same problem with other tagged Greek texts? If you can check that, and the problem is only in the GNT-T, I would try removing it from the Library window and then adding it back (you may need to email the office for your unlock code for the module). If it happens with other Greek texts, or this fix does not work, try removing the General file from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. You may need to restore other preferences that you have set, if this does correct the problem.

I tried both of the things you said, and it worked! I am not sure which one fixed it, but somewhere between moving files and restarting Accordance, the bug was fixed.

By the way, I did have the problem once on my GNT-WH, but it only happened once. If it does happen again, I will just try these same steps. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived