How to use LXX in Accordance

ChrisL

I want to preface that I am no Bible scholar but an avid Bible student. Over the last year I have been adding to my Accordance library with commentaries and collection sets. I have the Greek Pro which includes plenty of LXX resources. I will admit that I am still trying to learn better ways to use Accordance Software but while I am doing different theology, Scripture and word studies, Accordance seems to favor the Hebrew OT. By this I mean that everything seems to be "tagged" or linked or however you want to say it to Hebrew words or references, commentaries, etc. So my question is...

If I wanted to start using LXX more than the Hebrew OT, as in when I start to study the OT, I want to be pointed to the LXX more. Is there something I can do within Accordance? Does anyone have a video on how they use LXX for their OT studies? I have created multiple "tabs" depending on what I want to do and one dedicated to LXX with the NETS for translation, LXX-MT parallel, and NASB tagged to LXX-MT, but it isn't as easy to really do the word studies that I want to do. Perhaps it is because I am still VERY NEW to Greek and that is perhaps a requirement? I don't really want to rely on the NETS or the Brenton for my LXX knowledge. I find myself having to google some question I have with the LXX vs MT and then go into accordance to see it myself but that pretty much makes all the money I spent pointless.

To summarize, I want to be able to see how the LXX translators read the MT in their day and see the words they chose and perhaps why (not just a word vs word comparison but thoughts, word order, etc.). It would be nice to have that tagged with commentaries that scroll with my reading. I would basically like to do a full OT study in all that Accordance Software can do but use the LXX as the source, not the MT. I hope this makes sense.

Hi, Chris! You may find some helpful suggestions and resources in a recent thread, that asked similar questions.

Edited by Abram K-J

Hi, Chris! You may find some helpful suggestions and resources in a recent thread, that asked similar questions.

I guess I should have searched a little better before creating my thread. I will start adding to that thread and let this one die. Thank you very much.