MT-ETCBC Pronominal Suffix tagging

TYA

I find it unusual that the pronominal suffixes aren't specified in the tagging of the MT-ETCBC, as they are in the BHS-T / HMT-W4.  Any reason for that?  Or rather, it would simply be nice to have them tagged.  See attached example please.

Thanks

post-35231-0-28073100-1565272106_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

My hunch is since it is a different data set, it is tagged differently.

I found out not all taggings from the ETCBC is in the Accordance module. 

Joel / Accordance please add the missing tagging. 

Greetings

Fabian

We are not entitled to alter the database which comes from ETCBC and the German Bible Society.

We are not entitled to alter the database which comes from ETCBC and the German Bible Society.

Dear Helen I know you wrote this ca. 1 year ago to the same topic. 

And there was also on the Forum an entry from Rick Bennet to the question: "if Shebanq can do more than Accordance", that Shebanq can't do more than Accordance. If I remember it correct.

Here is my answer:

Mmh I guess Accordance have to invest once again some time to develop the ETCBC Database.

On the Tutorial for searching pronominal suffixes in Shebanq the information is there. See https://shebanq.ancient-data.org/hebrew/text

Also to search for post-32723-0-85930100-1565359267_thumb.png 

searching for pronominal suffixes attached to verbs, nouns and prepositions.

Here follows a list of the paradigmatic forms of the pronominal suffix (Hebrew version) 1sgC="NJ", "J" 2sgM="K" 2sgF="K=" 3sgM="W", "HW" 3sgF="H" 1plC="NW" 2plM="KM" 2plF="KN" 3plM="HM", "M", "MW" 3plF="HN", "N"

select all objects where [ [word FOCUS sp IN (verb,subs,prep) AND prs ~ '[JKWHMN]'] // this finds all suffixes that come with at least one consonant (two consonants are possible) // [word FOCUS sp IN (verb,subs,prep) AND prs = "J"] // this finds all suffixes that have only J as consonant and no other consonant following. // OR // [word FOCUS sp IN (verb,subs,prep) AND prs ~ '[K][=]'] // this finds the homographic 2sg suffix // OR // [word FOCUS sp IN (verb,subs,prep) AND prs ~ '[JKWHMN][JWMN ]'] // this finds all suffixes that come with two consonants // OR // [word FOCUS sp IN (verb,subs,prep) AND g_prs ~ '[+].'] //this finds all suffixes ]

If this is not in your Database you must ask for the full Database, because in Shebanq it is possible, with the Emdros 3.4.0. (left on the bottom). I forwarded you an e-mail from the developer of Emdros. So he can assist you if OakTree is interested, to upgrade their application. He would be glad to help you and your team.

Thanks for your attention.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

We are looking into the issue from your email, and from here. There was no need to post it publicly. We have just completed the IOSOT Congress and in any case we cannot jump from our current tasks to deal immediately with every matter that is brought to our attention.

TYA,

I'm not sure what you are asking for in your original post.  Your screenshot correctly notes that the ETCBC suffix is tagged (and searchable!) by its pronominal suffix class.  In fact, the 'bug' is that the HMT-W4 data for pronominal suffixes is searchable, but not showing up in Instant Details.  We've logged the bug, and will fix it when able to.

The missing suffix data from ETCBC is that we initially ignored the gender, person, and number tags on the suffix, as we were under the impression at the time that these can be well found by searching on the various inflected forms.  In the time since then, we realized that this was not a good assumption, we just have not yet been able to return to the ETCBC database and fill in this remaining information.

we just have not yet been able to return to the ETCBC database and fill in this remaining information.

Hi Joel.  I haven't read the whole thread through above, but just your last post.  From what Fabian informed me, it sounds like this addresses the issue.  I was simply asking to have all the full morphology information in Instant Details for ETCBC, just as it is there for BHS, etc.