Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:57 AM

I first noticed when I used the Services "Insert Query" I would get an aberrant addition to the verse numbers within the copied text. The same applies for using Command-Option-A, "Get Verses"

For instance, if I were copying Matt. 15:7-13, I get the following:

7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying: 8 “These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. 9 And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ” 110 When He had called the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.” 112 Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” 113 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.”

Matthew 15:7–13

Notice the "110" where it should be simply "10" the same for verse 12 where it is 112. This is not consistent and doesn't happen every time. 

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#2 William Cross

William Cross

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

I too, am having this same issue. Even if I just go into Accordance and copy as citation. The only verses that have the "aberrant addition to the verse numbers" are where paragraph breaks occur. See example below pasted from Copy and Citation.

Colossians 1:1–8 ESV 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,

22 To the saints and faithful brothers in Christ at Colossae: 

Grace to you and peace from God our Father.

33 We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, 4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints, 5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel, 6 which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing—as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth, 7 just as you learned it from Epaphras our beloved fellow servant. He is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf 8 and has made known to us your love in the Spirit.

Bill Cross

www.gracebiblerichmond.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users