Fix the "Add Parallel" menu

miketisdell

One of the more frustrating things when using Accordance is using the "Add Parallel" menu. When you have a lot of items to choose from in Accordance this menu is painful to use. Here are the issues:

1. All of the texts are presented in a single very long menu that makes choosing a text difficult.

2. Scrolling on the very long window requires use of multiple clicks on the arrow at the bottom of the screen. 

3. The scroll wheel on a mouse does not work on this menu.

post-35053-0-22465700-1566069997_thumb.jpg

Suggestions:

1. Use the same menu that is displayed when adding a new tab (this window categorizes the text into multiple categorizes i.e. Modern texts, Greek texts, Hebrew texts, Other texts and that results in shorter lists.

2. Allow the scroll wheel on the mouse to be utilized to scroll the window.

3. Allow user groups to be used in these menus.

4. Allow items to be drag and dropped from the library into a new window pane or tab.

• Like 1

I do like some of these suggestions, but for texts I recommend you create folders in the Library to organize them, and this will be reflected in the Add Parallel: Texts submenu.

• Like 1

There was also a suggest to add a search bar.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I do like some of these suggestions, but for texts I recommend you create folders in the Library to organize them, and this will be reflected in the Add Parallel: Texts submenu.

I have a lot of groups that I use for the text browser and didn't realize that if I created folders in the text section that these would appear in the Add Parallel menu. I have now created a number of folders and using this menu is much, much better. 

However, allowing scrolling in the menu would still be very helpful because even with folders some categories extend below the bottom of the screen. 

This is what my text menu looks like with folders!!!

post-35053-0-39901200-1566223766_thumb.jpg

There was also a suggest to add a search bar.

Greetings

Fabian

A search in the text menu would be great. Even a find by typing would be great. Currently only the first letter is used to search and then you have to use the arrow to scroll. If you could just continue typing and backspace when you wanted to remove letters from the search that would also be very helpful. That could be done without changing the user interface i.e. the search doesn't need to be displayed. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, the Mac version of Accordance does scroll these lists, while the Windows version does not. I wonder if this is just an oversight?

In lieu of a possible update to add scrolling to Windows menus, Mike, you could also consolidate your menu structure a bit more. I put most of my non-English Bible translations into an "Other Languages" folder which helps me a lot.

Screen%20Shot%202019-08-20%20at%2010.54.