Table in a User Tool

Tim Hall

Is it possible to insert a table in a user tool?

• Like 2

No, but one can dream!

Now that we have the ability to include graphics in User Tools, I've sometimes created a table in a word processor and then inserted a screenshot of it into the User Tool. It won't be searchable, but at least the content is there.

• Like 1

There is no table type that I know of, but I haven't tracked it closely recently either. I'd be pleased to be proved wrong. It's been requested a lot though. But I have created tables by using a fixed width font and manually spacing it out. It's a pain to do and maintain but for small or simple things it can work.

Thx

D

Rick,

Thanks! I might try your work around. Could you move this to the feature request area? Adding a three column table would be hugely beneficial for me, and it sounds like many others.

Of course, I am not a programmer ... so I have no idea how challenging it would be to implement ... then again, the Accordance programmers are geniuses ...

Is it possible to insert a table in a user tool?

+1

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Could you move this to the feature request area? 

Done.

• Like 1

I would like to be able as a user to create tools (and reference tools) containing tables, However, I don't need them to be User Tools, because I don't plan to edit them in Accordance. I'm just looking for richer import capabilities.

• Like 1

I'm just looking for richer import capabilities.

This doesn't exclude the tables. So if tables are used in the HTML then I would love to have it in Accordance too.

And yes, I would also love to see more capabilities, like import as Commentary (as Logos and WordSearch, and many other has, https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Booksto import it as Apparatus which is possible in Brand L. etc. etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 months later...

I also would love to be able to have a table in user tools, I don't know how it could be done when importing from PDF but coming from an exel spreadsheet should be possible.  For example, I've gone through my systematic theology textbooks and have created excel tables that reference the doctrine and supporting passages.  I also have tables of Old Testament Quotations found in the New Testament.  I would love to have that import over into a table as I could organize other apologetic tools as well.

• Like 2