Forum Software without Cookies

Fabian

Hello 

I would love if your Forum Software doesn't need Cookies. 

I have no other Website which I use except your Forum Software which doesn't work if Cookies are disabled. 

It doesn't need it. If I'm logged it the Forum software knows which content I have read. 

It is only for the log in process and this can be done without using cookies.

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 year later...

Just discovered this entry in the comments of the Mac App Store of the OliveTree Software.

551829102_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-23um11_05_58.thumb.png.ce80bad40d604ed2857456768bd3eddb.png

Thats not me. But it seems the person has the same meaning about sharing information with Google. 

So the question is: Does the App of OakTree have also some connections which is to cancel? If yes then PLEASE turn it off instantly. Or at least let US to decide what is done with OUR datas!

Fabian

I have deleted the name because of privacy, for me and for him. Because the name has to do where we are. And I don't want to share where I live. 

One of the greatest difficulties in security is avoiding outing your own self.

That said, it appears to me that Accordance is chatty with a few Microsoft Azure sites where presumably Oaktree has cloud services.

If you're really concerned about this stuff, I suggest putting in place outbound connection blocking, which is far less work than posting on this board about it :)

• Like 1