Searching Translator's Notes

drmatt.thomas

Hi all,

I've been using Accordance for almost a year now (post-the BW meltdown). I've searched online and in these forums, but I haven't found info on my question:

Is there a way to search within translator's notes? -- That's the general question.

The specific thing I'm trying to do at the moment is to search in the NET Bible notes for 'dalet', in order to see where they flag resh/dalet text critical issues.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Sure. Just open the "Net Notes" module and search in the Transliteration field. Or the Hebrew Content field.

I should add that I tried exporting the notes to search them elsewhere, but it didn't work--I assume due to the size of the file/material. I'll try that a couple other ways to see if I can get that to work, at least.

Why would you export the notes to search them?

Thanks for the response, Mark. I am obviously missing something. When I open the NET notes module, I don't see any way to search. I've looked in the Search menu at the top of the page, the Search Text drop menu, right-clicking in the pane; but I don't see any way to search and no reference to transliteration. Help! What am I missing?

Edited by drmatt.thomas

Are you on iOS, Android or Windows right now?

Open the Net Notes module from the Library, then select the "Transliteration" field from the drop-down list in the Search Entry Box.

Screen%20Shot%202019-08-29%20at%204.11.3

Ah! I see! That did it. Thank you so much. I had the notes open as a parallel in the texts area. Opening it as a Tool did the trick.

Hopefully, I'll catch on to Accordance's ways of thinking about things, so I'll have fewer of these puzzles.

Thanks again,

Matt

• Like 1

Yeah, it's difficult making a transition from something you know very well to something new. Hang in there; it'll get easier! 

BTW, I recommend checking out the video podcasts (Help—>Podcasts on your menu bar) and the webinars (Help —>Webinars). The podcasts are only about 10 minutes each, so they don't take much of your time. The webinars happen all week, and last about an hour. They're interactive, so you can ask questions. 

• Like 1

If you open the Notes as a Tool, you can then it tie with the Text.

So it works in Parallel too.

Greetings

Fabian